Code of Practice
Over 4 million Australians are members of mutual banks and building societies.
We meet the same regulatory standards as the big four banks and are strong and responsible financial service providers.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is a voluntary code of practice for credit unions, mutual banks and building societies in Australia. The aim of the Code is to ensure subscribing organisations are fair and ethical when dealing with their customers. As part of our ongoing commitment to our Members, Gateway is pleased to subscribe to the Code. In doing so, we strive to ensure that our products and services are easy to understand and that we always behave in a fair and ethical manner.
Our 10 key promises to Gateway Customers
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our customers
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise members' rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice
Code Compliance Committee (CCC)
The CCC ensures better code compliance and promotes improved outcomes for customers. If you believe that we have breached the Code, you can make a complaint to us.
If we are unable to resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, and the complaint does not involve a claim that you have suffered loss or detriment, you can refer your complaint to the Code Compliance Committee: