If you have a complaint
Alternatively, complete our Member Comment Form and mail it together with any supporting documents to:
The Complaints Officer
GPO BOX 3176
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Steps we take to resolve complaints
- If you lodge a complaint over the phone, the Gateway employee you are speaking with will attempt to resolve your issue. If they are unable to resolve your complaint, they will transfer you to the relevant department in Gateway.
- If the relevant department cannot resolve your matter, it will be referred to the Complaints Officer.
- When you lodge a complaint with us via mail, email or over the phone, it will be raised with the relevant department in Gateway Bank.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by the relevant department, it will be referred to the Complaints Officer.
- The Complaints Officer will try to resolve the problem immediately however, sometimes it will be necessary to investigate and you may need to provide us with supporting documentation.
- You will receive a written response advising you of the outcome of our investigations within a timeframe of 21 days of receipt of your written complaint.
- If additional time is required to make a decision, you will be notified and advised that a further period not exceeding 21 days is required.
- It is our belief that with open communication, the majority of cases will never reach this stage. However, if the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to pursue your complaint further, you may contact The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
If your complaint is about the privacy of your personal information and your complaint cannot be resolved by Gateway’s Complaints Officer or the AFCA, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or www.oaic.gov.au.
If you believe we have breached the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice and the complaint does not involve a claim that you have suffered loss or detriment, if we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can report it to the Code Compliance Manager on 1800 931 678 and ask to speak with AFCA Code’s Investigations Manager.